EXPLORING THE HUMAN HEAD is a 4 week online workshop for students wanting to explore working with the human head and portraiture.
In this drawing based workshop you will explore the fundamentals necessary to understanding the structure of the head so you can work with more confidence from both photographs and life. Everybody is unique and this class will give you an understanding of the common structure of the skull and head, which you can then continue exploring in your own way.
You’ll work through a variety of exercises to learn proportions, basic anatomy, creating volume, common mistakes, problem solving and how to achieve a likeness. We provide effective strategies and demonstrations that you can draw along with, and put everything into practice.
THE EXPLORING THE HUMAN HEAD WORKSHOP IS SUITABLE FOR
Artists wishing to learn the fundamentals of working with portraiture
CALL LINK & SLACK
– These sessions are hosted on zoom
– You’ll receive an email invite from Slack to join the group
– The call link is listed in Slack
YOU WILL NEED
– Zoom account
– To join the Slack group
– Mobile phone to take photos of your work and upload to Slack during class
– Range of pencils 4B-4H
– Regular vinyl eraser
– Kneadable eraser
– 10 x A3 cartridge paper
– Willow charcoal medium thickness
– Paper towel
– Charcoal pencils, soft
– Make-up sponges
– The first class will run for an extra 30 minutes to go through how we’ll be using zoom and Slack for the workshop