Our CONFIDENCE IN COLOURMIXING workshop returns 30th September! Come along to this one day intensive where you’ll learn to mix paint colours properly and get the results you want! For all the details and to book CLICK HERE.
Unlock the potential of acrylic painting in ACRYLIC ADVENTURES, a one day intensive with Certified GOLDEN Artist Educator Merryn Trevethan!
You will explore a wide range of innovative new Acrylic painting techniques that incorporate a wide range of GOLDEN paints, Gels, Pastes and Grounds. In the morning you will explore a range of techniques on prepared grounds. You will then have a chance to further explore your favourites in combination to create a larger work in the afternoon.
The workshop is on THIS SUNDAY! Book one of the last places HERE.
Only two places left for our new LINO PRINTING workshop series which begins this Thursday! For all the details and to book one of the last spots CLICK HERE!
Join us for our next WHAT I WISH I LEARNED AT ART SCHOOL workshop with artist Hannah Bertram – A TRUTH ABOUT BEING AN ARTIST!
In this workshop you will learn about some of the activities Hannah uses in her practice to be playful, curious, uninhibited and uncertain. Hannah will also be discussing her 24 Hour Endurance workshop which we’re excited to be hosting on October 20th!
It’s on Saturday 15th September 1-3pm, for all the details and to book CLICK HERE.
FOUNDATION DRAWING returns in Term 4! Our night session has booked out but there are still some places available for the morning session 10am – 12:30pm.
This is a 7 week class aimed at complete beginners through to more experienced artist wishing to revisit the fundamentals of drawing. Students will work with practical exercises so that they develop their understanding and skills in a logical and achievable way. Each week will build on the previous week with an emphasis on building confidence, developing observational and analytical skills, practical techniques, and material exploration.
It begins Monday 8th October, for all the details and to book CLICK HERE.
I am really excited to share some new announcements with you all!
Firstly it is with great pleasure that after nearly 7 years running The Art Room on my own, I am thrilled to announce that Ilona Nelson is joining me as partner. This is super exciting for both of us but also for you, as it means we are going to be able to bring you even bigger and better programs and events in the future!
And rest assured we have BIG plans…
– Lots of new classes and workshops including a 24 hour Endurance Drawing event in September, an Art and Motherhood forum in November, and Pushing the Line a huge drawing experience over 5 days with 5 different artist tutors in January
– A new progressive format for Foundation Drawing and Painting classes in 2019 to create continuous development and further your practice
– A brand new website with not only everything you need to know about The Art Room, but also providing a valuable online resource to support you in all aspects of your practice
– Loads more artist talks
– New and updated booking system
And so much more!!!
This exciting new change has given us the opportunity to focus on how we can make The Art Room a unique studio that benefits you. To create a safe and supportive community where you are challenged and empowered to be the best artist you can be.
The Art Room offers unique classes and workshops enabling you to design your own individual program focusing on one or more of these five categories:
1. Skill and technical development – The ‘how to’ classes teaching you methods and techniques giving you the confidence to make work that is uniquely you
2. Professional development – Career focused sessions about the business of being an artist
3. Masterclasses – For practicing artists looking to challenge and push their practice
4. Community – Assisting in the development of a supportive community that is based on generosity, encouragement and openness. And helps you make connections that will positively impact your artistic career long term
5. Making a Difference – Creating meaningful opportunities to give back to the greater arts community and our local Western Suburbs through fundraising activities
We hope you share in our excitement as we head into this next stage of The Art Room. We really want to be a positive influence on the future of our arts community and we can’t wait to present our new programs and events!
If you have any questions or feedback feel free to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Our next LONG POSE LIFE DRAWING workshop is filling fast!
A wonderful day of drawing! Draw all day from two models in the one pose giving you the opportunity to tackle more sustained paintings or drawings. You’re welcome to work in any medium you like – painting, drawing, sculpture (excluding toxic materials).
It’s on Sunday 9th September 10am – 4pm, places are limited.
Reserve your easel HERE.