GRISAILLE TO GLAZING is a new 6 week course with artist Jennifer Whitten!
Glazing is one of those painting terms that is as familiar as it is mysterious to those who are new to the craft of painting—and as such, it has become a mythic and unnecessary source of intimidation for many.
Glazing simply means to use medium to build a painting by way of layers (also known as indirect painting), as opposed to painting alla prima (also known as direct painting), which is done “all in one go”. In this course you will develop a glazed painting from the ground up, guided by the strategies we have on offer.
Please note it’s strongly recommended that you have prior experience with colour theory and painting tonally before taking this course.
Begins Wednesday 20th May
12 – 2:30pm / 7 – 9:30pm
Tutor: Jennifer Whitten
PLACES ARE LIMITED
$440 / $400 Concession
GRISAILLE TO GLAZING IS SUITABLE FOR
Artists that have completed Foundation Painting or have experience painting tonally
– Visual journal
AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE
– Brush and Paint Starter Pack with 8 tubes of Langridge paints, 7 brushes in a variety of sizes, a palette knife, a visual journal and TAR tote bag
– General art materials
– Tea, coffee machine and biscuits
– Gloves (can be recycled at the studio)
– If you have booked by paying a deposit, the balance will be deducted 6th May
– This class only runs in Terms 2 and 4 in 2020