GRISAILLE TO GLAZING is a 6 week course with artist Jennifer Whitten!
Glazing is one of those painting terms that is as familiar as it is mysterious to those who are new to the craft of painting—and as such, it has become a mythic and unnecessary source of intimidation for many.
Glazing simply means to use medium to build a painting by way of layers (also known as indirect painting), as opposed to painting alla prima (also known as direct painting), which is done “all in one go”. In this course you will develop a glazed painting from the ground up, guided by the strategies we have on offer.
*It’s strongly recommended that you have prior experience with colour theory and painting tonally before taking this course
GRISAILLE TO GLAZING IS SUITABLE FOR
Artists that have completed Foundation Painting or have experience painting tonally
– Paint brushes
– Visual journal
AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE
– Brush and Paint Starter Pack with 8 tubes of Langridge paints, 7 brushes in a variety of sizes, a palette knife, a visual journal and TAR tote bag
– General art materials
– Tea, coffee machine and biscuits
– Gloves (can be recycled at the studio)
– This class only runs in Terms 2 and 4
– If you book with a deposit the balance will be processed 18th May