A life model training workshop
A life model does much more than just stand naked in a room full of strangers. This workshop will show you what it takes to be an artist’s model, to be an individual that brings mind, body and emotion to the art of life modelling – the art of creative collaboration.
- Aspiring life models
- Experienced models seeking to up-skill or enrich their life modelling practice
The session will be run with a maximum of 15 participants, both male and female welcome. Note as well as the trainers, a small group of dedicated artists will also participate in drawing and providing constructive feedback.
- Comprehend the nature of an effective artist & model collaboration
- Understand different modelling environments and opportunities (private work, photographic modelling, small group, schools)
- Demonstrate how to prepare for and hold compelling poses (short, medium, long)
- Build awareness of the life model code of conduct, working conditions and modelling rates
- Receive support and individual feedback from experienced models and artists on the day
About the trainers and facilitators
Carmen has over a decade of life modelling experience working in Melbourne and interstate, and presents with a confident and engaging professional attitude towards her craft. She is also an experienced artist, dancer and circus performer with an established reputation for modelling with enthusiasm and grace. Carmen will be drawing on a wealth of experience working with a range of audiences including painters, sculptors, photographers, beginner groups to advanced. Carmen’s model profile.
An Melbourne based artist represented by Lindberg Galleries, Paul has been drawing and painting the human figure for the last 15 years. To learn more about his background and work visit paulwruiz.com
Erika Gofton is professional artist and educator who runs the The Art Room located in Footscray, Melbourne. Along with other professional artists, Erika runs numerous visual arts courses to challenge, inspire and develop other artists from beginner through advanced. This workshop will be held in the magnificent studio space and light available at The Art Room.
**WORKSHOP IS NOW BOOKED OUT**
Please join our mailing list to be advised of upcoming workshops
May 21st 2017
1 – 4pm
Drinks and light catering available afterwards
$115 full fee $95 Student/concession